At A Place Like This


Rupsha B, Lovesicklilac
fashion bloggers, Indian fashion bloggers, Indian style blog
PHOTOS, EDIT AND WORDS : RUPSHA B
Not the usual kind of post that is expected on this space but for the lack of effort on my part, to dress up and produce more outfit posts(I simply don't feel like it and for as long as I have been blogging, I learned not to force myself). So I decided to share certain thoughts(this should be considered as a major life hack and how not to lose your sh*t), accompanied by some pictures of a little festival celebration. This topic is something very highly regarded in my life, a lesson that I had to learn while disaffiliating myself from the credulous self. We are surrounded by different kinds of people in our everyday life. Most relationships(whichever kind that might be) are fleeting. You'll lose old friends, fall apart with people who once meant a lot to you, casually and unknowingly just simply lose any contact. People change, priorities change and we grow up a little everyday. That's life for you. One thing that never really change is that our life somehow, is a little(or lot, depending on how high up your walls are) influenced by the people around us. It's only natural that you pick on these energy and act accordingly.

If you're not miraculously blessed, you will meet people that will supposedly(there's no nicer way to say this), drag you down. If you face a similar situation like the person behind the computer screen, sitting down to write this post, sometimes, these people will reduce you to your worst, induce nightmares that even you didn't know it exists. Thus, it is very important to surround yourself with people that influences your daily life in a positive way. Being around people that are nice, ambitious(in a healthy way) and creative makes all the difference. The effects of these people, you choose to surround yourself with, shows much more when they are not there and that matters more because the after-effect lasts longer than the situation itself. Obviously it's not always possible to choose the people you're surrounded with but you can choose, who influences your life.

It's very common to lose your way in the middle,  lose the track of the path you wanted to walk on but losing that because of other people is unfair. Everyone deserves people in their life that would make them overcome their limitations. Today, I'm surrounded by the most amazing, creative and beautiful people that I could have ever asked for and it makes a huge difference. The kind of person I am today, the continuous strive to be better at life and the things I do has all been because of my choice to surround myself with these people. So people, if there's someone(or a group) out there that makes you feel any less than happy, lose them. Life is too short to be surrounded by negative energy,

Comments

  1. It's so very important to surround yourself with inspiring people! It makes the biggest difference!

    Evelin Kivi blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the festive photos and this is such an inspirational post! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice!

    http://www.theartofvintagerevival.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. I've had to say goodbye to a friend I've known since middle school because all she ever wanted to do was to complain about life, boys, parents while I'm in the middle of law school/SS-related stress. Whenever she asked me what I was up to, it was obviously out of faux niceties and not out of true care and she always responded in the same way: "nice", void of any telltale emotions.

    There are many others... who have backstabbed or doubted me...friends and family whom I had to cast off.

    If we are the sum of our experiences, why the heck would we choose to "experience" with those who constantly see the world as half empty? Why should we strive to build our futures with those who cannot see the future because they're so shrouded by their own negativity?

    I'm glad that I'm surrounded with amazing people today (including you!!). It makes all the difference in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, such nice words!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow you back!
    Kisses!

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true, always surround yourself with people that respect you and have a great positive mind

    xo
    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. COOL :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other on gfc/bloglovin and instagram?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually i really like this post. your photograph are wonderful. i just following you.
    i am fashion blogger from Indonesia,

    check out my street style, or follow me back maybe :D
    Love, diras.
    AYUADIRAS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts