Dear Summer || Kairos+ Fake Florals || Styling Turtlenecks

Rupsha B, Lovesicklilac, fashion bloggers, indian fashion bloggers
Pictures by Mumma B
Edit and words by me.

Long overdue the second part(1st part here) of my affair with turtlenecks and pseudo florals.  I would like to think I've made up parts of myself by continuously watching Diane Keaton on screen, getting drunk on her interviews with Ellen and other parts from the books I've read, the poems I've lived and the smell of paint, the sound of brush strokes in my art class. I keep going back to those evenings of studios, colours and canvases taking up 10 years of my life. Some days it feels like an obscure anamnesis, like picture frames from another life, I keep running around longing for the smell of those summer, for familiar voices, for the familiar souls....for a familiar world. 

I looked out of the huge glass pane, the skyline swallowing the sunset. He was talking about Carl Sagan and Cosmos. "You cannot be found if you don't want to be found. Reach out, you deserve so much more from yourself. I'll email you the videos. You need to see the vastness of universe and how beautiful it can be. They said there's a storm coming". Looking back at him I discerned the need to visit him, his words and aspects offered me hope, made me want to find joy in the little things in life. These therapy sessions were truly appreciated, subconsciously. It was only fair to live in the moment and to take up as much love, joy and experience I could out of life. That night as I lay on the bed I held on to my heart, my mind and whispered to myself, 'I love being me, I am going to take care of my heart and my mind. I'm going to give myself all the love and joy that I can', Lying unconscious on the bed for hours and days only made me stand away from it all and take a long hard stare at what I was doing to myself. No more. In my mind, I was already a step closer to replacing the fake flowers with real ones.

Comments

  1. Beautiful outfits! Both of them are gorgeous and suit you very well!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pics of you with the flowers, so pretty :)


    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the outfits and the pics!

    we need another twitter talk soon!

    Lu | loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfits!

    xx
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rad post!

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you can pull of both styles!

    www.jennyroque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and love it - had to give you a follow! Really like your edits and your outfit, especailly the black one :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/ootd-pink-coats-and-rubbish-quality.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I'd Love to follow each other... Just followed you via GFC

    http://alexinwanderlust.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both outfits and your daisy dress is so adorable!!
    www.voguevillain.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool photos! I love your floral dress! amazing style!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. such amazing looks! you looks gorgeous <3

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The floral dress looks so cute! I love the back :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG girl that look SO cute on you ) I hope you had a fun weekend.

    Check out my new post-best balcony tips ever :)

    LOVE Maria Inredning - it's Swedish for decor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts