Dear Summer || An introduction to thoughts

Lovesicklilac
Rupsha B

Pictures and editing by Rupsha B
Words by Rupsha B
Edited by Namz

I have written letters to myself from the past or the future, to seasons, to a certain someone and never posted them. These letters were never intended for anyone to read. I decided to start something similar on the blog but in a much more vague way, partly inspired by Emily Diana Ruth's "Letters to July" series. Snippets and fragments of muddled up thoughts. Not particularly interesting and not with a definite climax like few of my other posts. However, the letters aforementioned are written in a much detailed, personal way. 
I have always been prudent about letting these thoughts leave the cage of my own head. Guarding things that make more sense to you than to the world. Something you're possessive about;  I'm possessive of my own thoughts. Over two years I tried to make sure not to let these snippets and episodes spill so much on to my blog posts like I did in the those letters. I don't write diaries. I'm never consistent enough to write about my daily life or pin point exactly how I am feeling. My feelings have never been that black and white, something that has always been hard to comprehend. I have spent so much time lately trying to live in the future, in the day dreams and aspects of what could happen when I know I should be living now. I should feel all the pain and happiness of now. To understand the present and to create something from that. But the promise of something better or something worse gets me more excited. Last year around this time I just finished working on the first editorial layout for 'Stylish Sophisticate', I was going through first few months of internship, staying up all night star gazing and talking about song writing and creating friendships with people who are now a part of my life. Around 2:00AM today I was texting Namzzz about being homesick for something, not a place or a person but something abstract. I realize that I was homesick for the future, for the idea of something great or something awful waiting just around the corner. I try to understand each emotion more deeply than necessary, not prominent emotions like happiness or sadness. I hope that's what life is like too, life isn't sad or happy in particular, it's a series of events and more complex feelings. Not entirely black and white but different hues and shades in between. For someone who takes pleasure and understands the fleeting of life and relationships, for someone who doesn't understand the idea of permanence when life itself is transient, I somehow yearn for life, for living, for feeling and for chasing after fantasies. 

Comments

  1. This is very well written sometime is good to look within ourselves see the world with a diiferent eye view and what would your next step be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so dope. xx

    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have such similar thoughts! I am constantly pondering the transient state of everything. These photos fit your writing perfectly as well <3
    allygong.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Ru. The pics are outstanding.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting thoughts. Sometimes, I let my thoughts kill my confident or happiness which is not good at all. However, I'm trying to stay in the present or even at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the style that you write in and this post was really intresting to read :) Beautiful pictures too! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean and I always imagine it will happen again some day. Maybe it won't but I can't stand that thought so I try to ignore it.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing thoughts and amazing photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I crave permanence more than anything in life and I spend my life trying to achieve something like that, because everything else is so fleeting and I'm afraid it will all disappear. Your photography is stunning.

    www.velveteencockroach.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your writing. I can relate as sometimes I was drown into my on thoughts and feel constantly numb. Nice photos as well<3
    Xx

    http://firdamelia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the photos!

    Besitos y Feliz Semana

    Remly M.
    http://www.thelittlevenecia.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts