A New York Christmas

lovesicklilac, christmas, new york
New York, lovesicklilac, christmas Joseph Rivera Photography
Joseph Rivera photography Joseph Rivera photography
Pictures by Joseph Rivera
Words by Rupsha B


"A Visit from St. Nicholas", also known as "The Night Before Christmas" and " '​Twas the Night Before Christmas", a poem by Clement Clarke Moore was supposedly inspired by the festive atmosphere in one of NYC's downtown market in 1822. It's true when they say, 'no one does Christmas better than New York City'. All the fond memories involving the holiday season in New York, the magical place of lights, decorations and all the movies based on them.

Due to the unfortunate turn of events last March, I couldn't quite spend the well-deserved holidays in New York as previously planned. I even decided to compromise the crowd situation during this time of the year, with tourists from all over the world and everything. However a very good friend and colleague of mine, Joseph Rivera was kind enough to send me some pictures of Christmas 2014 in New York. You know what they say? 'Remembrance is a form of meeting'(cue the clever use of my favourite poem by Kahlil Gibran of all time). This post was long overdue and I have a bunch of drafts that I need to publish ASAP. Hope you guys had an amazing Christmas this year.

Comments

  1. Lovely pics!

    xo, Lorena
    http://girlswearblack.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I did and I hope you too.
    Totally love the pics...
    If it makes you feel better my european plans didn't go quite as well so I understand. But don't give up :)

    We need to talk soon.

    Lu | Ankalli by Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear
    Perfect Christmas deco, so lovely!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of NEW YORK : so I like this city all around the seasons ;) http://valeriesdays.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! So beautiful, love all the details <3

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could spend one Christmas in NYC! Wonderful setting!

    sunandsany

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love your blog! Sure, I'm following you on GFC and Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures are lovely, really sweet of your friend sending you these! The lights look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pics inspire me to travel more.Love your blog.
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC / Bloglovin / G+?
    http://www.icynosure.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day i'll spend my christmas in NY, these pictures look beautiful!
    ps. I'd love to support each other following on gf! :)
    xo, S
    check out my personal and travel blog ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts