"Sharp Dressed Man" | Paul Fredrick


Paul Fredrick, menswear, Lovesicklilac
Picture courtesy : Paul Fredrick.
During my days at fashion school where I studied a year of fashion designing, I somehow made quite a lot of friends from the recruitment and the creative design team, it was nice to be around people who knew what exactly the professional fashion world looks like. One such afternoon, I was chatting with someone who knew the ins and the outs and I remember her saying how most men don't realize the importance of sharp dressing is as a part of  their presentation. People do notice when you're dressed properly. Being well dressed is psychological, it helps you feel more confident and at ease. It shows that you care enough about your appearance.

It's important that the dress shirt you wear makes you feel confident over anything else. Make sure it is crisp and clean. While buying a dress shirt, focus on details like the collar and the cuffs. Buying a proper dress shirt isn't anything like CSI. Everyone has their own desired style of dress shirt, however there are a few points I would like to talk about. You'll often spot men wearing shirts that suffocates them in the collar area. To avoid this always remember the one finger-rule, if you can fit one finger in between your collar and neck then it's good to go. The four most versatile collar types are, 'the straight point', 'the semispread', 'the button-down' and 'the spread'. Please by all means, avoid ballooning shirts. Those folds of extra fabric all around the torso isn't flattering.

Moving on to accessories, two thing I'm personally very fond of are hats, scarves and I'm sure a lot of men out there are in love with hats too. There's nothing more universal, timeless yet stylish than white button downs with a semispread/button down collar. Easiest to dress up or dress down depending on the occasion. Make a statement with a vintage lapel pin, bold pocket squares. The one suit that catches my eyes every time on the street or street style blogs is the blue suit or the purple one from Paul Fredrick, since no one ever said, you can't have fun with sharp dressing. Think Harvey Specter,Neal Caffrey and Chuck Bass(minus the awful attitude, in the earlier seasons)

So in the end, the way you dress plays a huge part , it demonstrates self-discipline, personality and confidence. Paul Fredrick came out with their 2014 Winter collection, which definitely reminds me of the amazing 'Boardwalk Empire'. I have a bard on pinterest dedicated to menswear which you can check out by clicking this link.
[Disclaimer: This post was in collaboration with Paul Fredrick]

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous suits. I love the plaid ones! Thanks for sharing :)

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coats are fab
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind wearing one of these blazers myself! Cool selection and inspo!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post!

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this collection has got me drooling and wishing I was a tall broad man haha. I'm deffo a massive fan of sharp crisp looks :)

    Cats In Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely great looks for any man!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look very dapper! I'd quite like to get my hands on one of those blazers... xx

    www.lulabelloves.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome stylish looks!! nothing beats a well tailored suit on a guy! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stylish! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fantastic menswear!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you! The way you dress really does make an impact on how you come off to the world. A well-dressed man does look much more confident!

    Lisa
    thelovelymemoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So classy!

    http://fashionabejita.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look! Wish my bf would dress up like this ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts