Fictions


There had been these episodes of inexplicable emotions that I’ve faced every time I would close my eyes and there would be this image of a place(Victorian gardens and water fountains) flash in front of my eyes, an event in a familiar place that I’ve never really been to or experienced but it has almost actually happened. As if I knew about that place and how it smells, I knew the entire path even though I can see only one particular frame of that memory. Mostly, these memories encounter me with an emotion very close to peaceful, rather hopeful. I’ve always wondered if these memories are something that happens only with me and I should be worried or if it has a deeper meaning than just the word “imaginations”. Tavi Gevinson wrote a similar post about it on April 3rd, 2013.
She discusses the topic more deeply, including some quotes that have meant a lot to me over my course of “where-the-hell-are-these-memories-coming-from-and-why-do-I-like-them-so-much” contemplation. A few of my Google searched quotes are: “Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were but without it, we go nowhere by Carl Sagan and “Imagination and fiction make up more than three-quarters of our real life” by Simon Weil. Tavi mentions a very important question in her post, quoting, “Where do these episodes come from? A past life? An innate discontentment with everything life already offers, combined with a form of voluntary synesthesia developed from an adolescence of perpetual loneliness manifesting itself in movie marathons and an inconvenient impulse to pay attention to every visual and auditory detail of every situation as an escape from the social interaction at hand?” These memories can fall under one of these three categories(or at least it is in my case). 1. Imagination, 2. Dreams, 3.Secondhand(movies/books/storytelling). 







Comments

  1. It looks great on you!
    These sunglasses are also really lovely.
    I think this outfit is the best with your long trousers.

    x
    The Losing Struggle | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great look!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, those sunnies are fab! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. that material looks heavenly - & your blog is so beautiful, love the design <3 !

    ☽ ✦ www.chandra-hall.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! Congratulations!! Www.siracusinaproductions.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!

    http://www.siracusinaproductions.com/2015/08/a-un-verano-con-mucho-calor-ponle-un.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh maaa gaaahhhh those glasses are to die for! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts