Looking for an Echo



There has been a certain wariness in my mind to talk about love for the past few years, not directly at the very least. It's hardly ever been unsung about me finding comfort in unrequited love, not being reciprocated or understood by the other person. W. Somerset Maugham said, “
The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned”. I'm surrounded by people I can talk to and have an honest conversation with, people you can just spend far too many awful cups of tea or coffee on.

My doctor wrote a line from a Kahlil Gibran poem on the front page of his book that he gifted me, 'Remembrance is a form of meeting.' The next line in the poem reads,'Forgetfulness is a form of freedom.' My best friend Anish says, there's nothing more beautiful than distance, you learn to compensate through words exchanged and letters were written. He said to me,"You know what I think Rupsha? I think people are scared of being alone...they need to hold on to things". There's that certain human error. We believe more in the assurance of touch and sound. You see, keeping in mind about that particular trait when we mature and we grow into someone different, how do we stop missing the past, the person we once used to be before reality kicked in? How do we stop revisiting the memories over and over again? I've lost enough beloved ones to know that distance and absence are not the same thing, often confused otherwise.

I've always missed memories more than I have missed people. There is a thin line dividing the two sides even if they are of completely different shades. Nostalgia perhaps is addictive. Recollection of happy personal associations is like a warm blanket, a scented candle, lemon and honey tea in my favorite white cup. The question still remains, is reminiscence a source of happiness or merely another form of blues? ------Rupsha B

Comments

  1. great post, gorgeous dress


    - www.angelavissers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've edited these photos :) you look fantastic in the midi dress! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great studded purse. I love Kahlil Gibran, my parents always would read his work to us. I still have books by him. You look lovely.
    Nautical Embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!

    You have beautiful skills with words! :)
    P.S: I followed you, can't wait for more posts.

    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning ! Love the photo edits by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful outfit , I love your shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit, I love your style!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing quite like a simple black dress. You look great, and I love how you styled this!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I miss memories more than I miss people, but it rarely turns out well. I end up creating a whole different version of that person in my head, and I expect them to be like that when I meet them, but then often are just who they are, and it leaves me confused and sad.

    Also, in that third picture, you look like Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black (which is ne of the best shows ever)

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the black dress! <3

    Heba xx │ The Heba

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you look stunning! The dress is so minimalist and chic!
    And your ombre hair -oh-my-gaud- so pretty! haha
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc and keep in touch? xx, Veni

    Style with Veni | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting reflection. I do think missing someone is natural, but choosing to live in the past is completely different. As you say, we have to grow up, move on, live our lives as stronger human beings and be ready for what comes next.

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair... that bag - I'm in love!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You write so beautifully and I somewhat agree, with some people I miss the memories more than I miss them. It sounds as if you're surrounded by the right kind of people!

    Tara x

    P.S You look so elegant in this LBD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautifully written, I honestly really liked this. Love is a complex, yet very simple thing. Also, gorgeous photos!

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, beautifully written. The scary thing about memories is that we have a way of warping them into a story. Always better, sweeter or more painful depending on how we remember the moment. Nostalgia always warps the reality making them so easy to miss or want to forget.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. you blog is amazing #GOALS
    londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the outfit!
    I'm following your blog :)


    somethingcontemporary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos, love the editing style. I think I am in agreement with you over missing memories over missing people, although indeed it is a thin line. Certain scents and sounds can bring things flooding back and take you straight to somewhere you thought you'd forgotten. I think reminiscing can be bittersweet - little fragments of sadness in a wonderful memory.

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice outfit, love that dress! X Minale

    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts