The Getaway

Rupsha B, Rupsha B Roy, Lovesicklilac
Pictures by J Roy and Rupsha B Roy
Words by Rupsha B Roy
Edited by Namzzz

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings."

I woke up saying to myself, "Another day to somehow survive" but then the realization came pouring in. I'm not unhappy anymore, the things once perturbed me weren't there anymore and waking up to a new day wasn't too bad. I was happier and content. I still have work to do and places to go and I'll be walking for a while but the constant dark cloud above my head was left, far behind. That I don't mind walking or the journey or the destination. This time, I'll sit down on the bench, watch the rainfall over the mountain but I won't feel timid, crushed beneath it all. So I sat down with the piles of photographs taken back in December and watched how winter changed into summer all along while changing me and my world.

I have been so many different versions of someone, even I didn't...couldn't discern. At times, the dreamer in me deluded myself into believing that I could fly only to let me fall face down on the floor, some days the dreamer would be dead and gone. All I knew throughout was that 'change' is indeed inevitable, Summer knows my desire for change, not merely because I enjoy it. Not at all but because changes make me feel and I'm constantly terror-stricken that I'm not feeling alive enough.

The power we give to that change into shaping us the person we're going to be or the down the path it takes us is entirely upon us. And despite all the times I've said to my friends that my happiness and the way my life works out is never in my hands, while partially in the vastness of the universe that might be true, somehow I got the concept entirely wrong. Maybe it was because of the over-romanticism of mental illnesses on Tumblr or the idea that heartbreaks helped me create art. I was wrong.  You're gonna have to hold your own hand and chase your dreams and be the person you want to be and to love yourself.....in the right way.

Every once in a while, someone else will come around and make you believe that you're stronger than you think you are, they'll fortify you in loving yourself and you'll find the strength to not push them away and to let them be there for you. Sometimes you'll be thankful for the 'change' and believe in the magic of beginnings and you will know that you'll survive it all without sabotaging yourself in the process and people who love you, will be there with you all along the way. You'll realize that you may not be where you intended to be but you're where you need to be.
This is my life and I just wanted you to know that I'm a happy lil' peach....hope you are too.

Comments

  1. Lovely photos!

    xx,

    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chowrasta and Oxford. Two of my favorite places in Darjeeling!
    Keep in touch!



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and beautiful post. I think everyone needs to be a happy little peach with themselves and their lives. Lovely blog! x

    http://blackjeansblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doll.. thanks for dropping by my blog.. Lovely blog you have here!
    Followed you on Bloglovin.. twitter.. and insta! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post so much, so much I agree with
    Still working on accepting change and believing it's for the greater good
    Gorgeous photos
    xx
    Garland Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures lovely post.
    www.rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. Beautiful pictures, beautiful style, beautiful writing. It was a joy to read! :)
    - Pamela
    simplifypoison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pics and beautiful post!
    Happy June!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an inspiring blog Rupsha. Surely gonna visit regularly :)
    http://thatgrlinhighheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post my dear <3 !
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics! Love the post! x

    http://donnanne.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just an amazing post, so inspirational and lovely!

    XOXO

    STYLE & FLOWERS // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are so so nice, and your blog is very inspiring ;)

    Bisous from France,
    *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Post.
    Great pics:)

    http://www.trendythais.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, this is such a beautiful post. I love how you wrote it, beautifully written and the photos just bode so well <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so pleased you're happy now, that comes with time and time has clearly been good to you :) The accompanying photography in this post is so dreamy and raw, by the way - I love it!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad your happy hun :) The photography in this post is stunning too, it's very reflective


    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello darling! Your blog is amazing :) would you like to follow each other on GFC? If you follow me I will follow right back! ;)

    xx
    Pretty Little Stories

    ReplyDelete
  19. great as always :) kisses!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos! I just happened to stumble upon your blog and really love your style!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful post and amazing pics, Ru. How have you been doing, my friend?
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos & words are so beautiful. Sometimes we aren't where we planned to be in life, but like you said, it's likely where you needed to be. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww the photos are beautiful and i love the quote above <3

    Flash Tattoo Giveaway!
    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts