Dear Summer || Four AM

 height=



Pictures by J Roy 
Words by Rupsha B Roy 
Edited by Namzzz

 4:08 AM on a Sunday morning and I am lying on the floor of this hotel balcony. I woke up an hour ago and knew very well that I won't be going back to sleep, so instead I just lay here trying to watch the first glimmer of sunrise.  I turn my head - a maroon 5 mix-tape on my phone, a notebook, blotches of blue ink, scattered thoughts.

"Beauty queen of only eighteen she had some trouble with herself 
He was always there to help her, she always belonged to someone else"

Earlier that evening, as the car zoomed down the roads, as the alcohol made it's way to my blood and the city lights whittled into a pattern, somehow made up in my dreams. I desperately tried to make sense of things, of tranquil minds, of love songs, of letting go. The text message for Namz on my phone read, "I was careful all my life, not to trip along the edge. What a capricious heart I've got inside. What an unfaithful mind." She's probably busy, I thought, my fingers hovering over the send button. I ended up deleting it, I would go back to my hotel room and text her anyway. The car filled up with the sound of laughter and my friends sang along to the song on the radio.

"Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile"

I sit up on this hotel balcony floor, put the songs on repeat. There's a huge tree just outside and I watch a pandemonium of parrots fly across the daylight sky; something truly magical about sunrises.

Comments

  1. Amazing post. Love what you've written and the photos!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool outfit, love the edgy look for summer
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/summer-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Rupsha. Its so different and so unique. Keep it up girl!
    http://www.ThatGrlInHighHeels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your post. Your words are captivating. I felt like I was inside the room with you.

    aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your writing style in this post. You wear this outfit very well!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pants!

    "Pandemonium of parrots" was probably my favourite imagery in everything you've written here. What you've written is absolutely lovely!

    May x • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit, and your hair looks beautiful *_*

    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this post. Beautifully written, great style and photos!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice photos! Really love them :)

    By clicking HERE you can enter to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute pants love the jacket, cool outfit ready to step in the streets.
    http://artadorned.com/
    blog about jewelry and how to style jewelry with outfits, tell me what you think...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these photos! Can't beat a bit of old school Maroon 5 to get you not thinking deep!

    Made In The 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your style and your blog too.
    I hope you will like mine
    Xoxo
    Www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm obsessed with your blog theme/layout, girl!! And the pictures are super mod! Love your writing as well! Thanks for visiting my blog.x
    manicpixiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous monochrome look. I love the houndstooth leggings.
    Have a great day gem!
    MUCH LOVE KAREN
    (STYLESMORGASBORD) [BLOGLOVIN])

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos. You have such lovely hair and I really like the houndstooth pants.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post. Your outfit is stunning. xx

    http://fashionckr.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your style! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that look, especially your jeans! Lovely writing as well, I could really picture it in my head.

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like reading your post! very nice jeans! Thank you!
    https://missgrey.ro/blog/despre-rochii/rochii-midi-dantela-top-produse-miss-grey/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts