Hiking | Roads Less travelled | Tacenda

Lovesicklilac, hiking, Rupsha B
 height=
Flannel shirt-thrifted, Jeans are from Zara.
 Converse shoes, Aldo sunglasses
Pictures by me and freind
Words by me


I can't feel my hands and I lost my favourite pair of sunglasses. "In April, the leaves look like it has been dipped in red with a lot of care. You have to come back in April.", he said. A group of hikers passes us by. I turn towards him, "Autumn never seems to stop beguiling me, you know. Maybe it's the way the world prepares itself to let go. How they embrace the goodbyes. I read it somewhere but it was about winter.". Bandu drags the stick over the sand and pebbles, drawing his initial and then he smiles like he knew something uncommunicated about the trees or goodbyes. "The nature knows it better than us... the goodbyes....the letting go. Rue, you have to come back in April, the rhododendrons are in full bloom, something equally fascinating about new life, the start of something magical, the first hello." He lets out the smoke and drags another puff, "you want one? I saw you smoking behind the cottage last night, you came back and sat in front of the bonfire. You looked like you were thinking of someone." I tug on my beanie and wrap the coat tighter around me. Three layers of wolle and absolutely nothing to fight away the shiver running down the left side of my spine. I can't think about him now, there's not a time I'm not thinking about him. Thinking about the last time I replied him in one word, too afraid I might spill out a part of me if I say anymore more. Bandu walks by a little faster, "you comin'? I'll go and start on the lunch. Drop by the office at the end of the sanctuary gate. Tell them about your sunglasses."

***

I come back to see the bonfire is still on, everyone left. Sitting down on the wooden bench I pull out another cigarette. Maybe later..... I could stop thinking about him, the smile, the first words exchanged- do I even want to? I knew what I was doing. I refuse to acknowledge that part of me. To write it down in a paper. Lock it up in a bottle and throw it far away in the sea. The dog (Shal) snuggles up beside me and the book is open on my lap. Milan Kundera talking about Thomas and his erotic friendships; morning after, Tereza sleeping soundly by his side, fingers tangled. Shal stirs beside me. Are my thoughts loud enough to disrupt his nap? I hear a mingle of laughter and music coming from downstairs. They start singing "What Makes You Beautiful". The dog looks up to my face. I stroke his head, "You hear that Shal? Isn't that surprising, love?" He puts his paw on my leg and snuggles closer. I can feel it on my face, the chapped lips and the cold tip of my nose. 'Maybe later....maybe I don't want to'..... I think it starts snowing after a while.

Comments

  1. This is absolutely beautiful.. Can't wait to see more and read more!

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfit , and the photos are so pretty xox

    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it! You have interesting posts and everything is beautiful! Amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the layers of this outfit.
    Great look!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely in your outfit, the coat and the converse are so cool! ! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome outfit and great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad i bumped in. Love your style, great effortless look.
    Chucks are awesome!

    xx
    Giana.LDS
    www.ledesociale.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite shoots of yours! That outfit and that background. <3333 Love to love it.

    Jaimee
    http://www.ohmyjaimee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words are very inspiring!
    I really like this post

    I'll follow you on bloglovin, keep up the good work!
    X
    losingstruggle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats such a smart outfit, u look fabulous
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your pictures recently. Did you get a new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Dear, you’ve got such a great blog and style. Love all of your outfits! You've got such an unique taste. I’d like to invite you to my blog http://www.silkandsatins.com/ Hope, you’ll find here some inspiration. It will be great to follow each other via bloglovin! Just let me know if you agree to be friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is really pretty, love this!

    melkebarn.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty pictures!!

    - kristine b
    www.kristineb.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. (I think I might just have posted something on your blog that was supposed to go on another blog lolll, SO SO SO sorry) Love all the layering and I´ll never get tired of converse shoes :) Also beautiful scenery xxx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts